Silly Things To Wave


So I'm only one week late posting these photos. I think that's pretty good for me! My 4th of July was more eventful than usual with my bud Larilyn in town. Actually, as Larilyn pointed out, for some reason we're all about the 3rd of July here. It makes no sense, but that's how it is. I picked Larilyn up early at the Farm and really wish that I had taken some photos. It is an amazing place. This city girl was very excited to hear the silence and see the rolling hills in what she thought was a very flat state. Miss Kitty and John's house is amazing and Terry is a gracious host. It was fun just hanging out for an hour or so and chit-chatting and getting to know Emily a bit. She's such a sweet kid!

Larilyn and I got caught up on our ride home and we headed downtown to the Taste. Taste is always fun but it's not the best food in Chicago...not even close. Maybe it's the best junk food in Chicago. But we have much better food. I think Larilyn might need to come back for a real meal.

Once we got home we gave Wayne a call and headed out to Gillson Park for the concert and fireworks, both of which were lame. However, the festival was fun. We heard a band that was playing some great music, including a Shrek set (I'm a Believer, All Star, etc.) The band is behind them where the flag is.... And after Larilyn's first gyros, we pulled out the silly things to wave in the dark and got rained upon and watched fireworks. And so was our third of July!

3 comments:

Kingmsmn67 said...

sounds like you had a fun time

monica said...

Fun!

Anonymous said...

I should have been out at the farm to see you!

Emilys a sweet kid? huh, who knew.

Copyright 2009 Procrastination Station. All rights reserved.
Free WPThemes presented by Leather luggage, Las Vegas Travel coded by EZwpthemes.
Bloggerized by Miss Dothy