It was good to see that Chrissy and Bill still grace the walls of Stevens. This show, a full length ballet, (Sleeping Beauty) was a very big deal at the time for us to do. I don't think it had ever been done. I wanted like crazy to design the lights but Betsy wanted to do it herself. I think I was Assistant to the LD for this or maybe ME. I'm old; I don't remember now.
Apparently someone got smart and thought, oh perhaps some seating for our patrons might be nice. Here's the redecorated lobby. I'm not sure how long ago that happened but it was a brilliant idea, doncha think?

Spiffy new sign in front of the main office. Wonder how much of the annual budget that puppy sucked up.

Ah, I remember it well. This was the crappy two scene preset board that we ran every Player's Theatre show off. I remember some interesting tricks I had to pull off especially during "Alice". This board is now in Corner theatre (which is the student studio) along with another board. By the way, Player's has been hard wired. Those students will never know the joy of a running a 30 piece cable bundle 15 feet in the air. How will they ever learn to color code their master plot so they can trace everything back to the dimmer rack? To think, I slaved to put up "permanent" cable bundles with numbering...all in vain.

So here's the board that's currently in Player's. Which, by the way, was COMPLETELY unlocked, as was Corner. Good thing I'm an honest girl. I could have had three light boards for sale. :)
I remember looking at this board and thinking, decent. Although I can't remember what kind of board it is now. Please comment at the end if you know. Am I the only idiot who takes photos of light boards? If I'm not also comment so I know I'm not alone.

So now Corner has the old Player's board PLUS an Insight! What a rip, huh? I remember torturing my poor board op during my Take 5 (my directorial debut) with all the cues on the piece of crapola autotrans. (hi Brian!!!)

Oh, okay....I did go to the game. Here are some goofy tailgaters. Gotta love the bus with the doghouse on top. Ah....to be in college. :)

Because Chris was working, he had some la dee dah privileges. Not only did he get to be on the field, but he got to eat up at the skybox. In this photo, he's on the phone with me, telling me "you're not right" because I was talking to him and taking a photo. I thought it was amusing. I had to zoom like crazy cause I was WAY up.

Here, Victor E Huskie gives a firm talking to to lame-o mascot-in-training Spirit on the dangers of drinking and cheering.

Loyal student section of the stand empties for a beer run ;) as the half time show takes place.

Homely Stupid Center with a cool moon.
So that was the end of my day. My intention was to stay for that evening's Dance Concert but I was tired and my butt was frozen. Thanks to those who wished my butt well or lost sleep worrying about if my butt would unfreeze. I am happy to report that all is defrosted; unfortunately it didn't fall off as I hoped. ;)







1 comments:
I feel so much better knowing your butt will be ok. I was really worried about the status of said butt for quite some time.
Post a Comment