It turns me upside down. I love summer and I did something very summery today. I headed to Lighthouse beach on the Northwestern campus. The beach isn't officially opened yet. But it was such a beautiful day. It was about 80 inland and about 70 at the beach with a beautiful breeze.
So I set down my towel and kicked off my shoes.

I grabbed my book out of my bag and read. But the water and the people were too distracting.

There were big boats.

And people enjoying the day.

Even the usually aggressive geese were serenely floating by...

Just as I was leaving a noticed an odd indentation in the sand. ; )
It was a wonderful day. Hope you had one too!







9 comments:
Man....awesome day huh?! I would love to have a beach near by to go to...and read..Good Heavens...sounds dreamy!
that mickey wasn't an accident!
I had a very similar day! I should post pictures of my trip to the beach....hmmmm....good idea!!
Can't get one past you, Kerri. ;)
So Larilyn, I go over to your blog to see your similar day and it appears you were at Epcot. There was NO Japanese restaurant at the beach. :D
I was waiting to see a sexy picture of you on the beach!
See Jo, now notice how I said that I SHOULD post pictures of my trip to the beach.
Being the procrastinator that I am (and I expect you to sympathize) I did NOT post pictures of my trip to the beach. :-D
Very beautiful day....Now even though it says no swimming do people swim?
Amber, I'll wait until I get to my goal until I start posting sexy picture of me on the beach. lol
Larilyn, of course I sympathize!!! But you need to tease me about how my little lake's beach can't compare to your nice beach on the big drink.
Nat, most people just sort of walk along the water's edge. The water was still too cold to do much else. One goofy guy did plunge his whole body in. He ran out pretty quickly. lol
Looks beautiful!
Post a Comment